We need to manage our careers as much as we manage people.
Important Tips to make career opportunities:
- Always be positive.
- Be a team player and make your best effort to shine on
- Volunteer for high-profile projects. Doing so will increase
your exposure to key decision makers.
- Stay out of political camps. If you have to make a choice,
wait as long as you can to increase your chances of backing
- Think like a top manager. Find ways to help meet corporate
- Let your boss your career goals.
- Always work collaboratively.
- Develop action plans that are goal-oriented. Review the
goals regularly to see if you are on track.
- Find a mentor in your organization. When you are faced
with difficult situations seek advice or ask your mentor
to evaluate your decisions.
- Focus your energy on the jobs that will
a) Best use your skills
b) Have the greatest chance of success
c) Require an optimal amount of effort and resources.
- Know what your boss expects you.
- Be willing to accept criticism and treat each criticism
as an opportunity to improve yourself.
- Acknowledge the help of others publicly. This will increase
your network of supporters.
- Learn to get what you want while still being liked.
- Never stop learning. In our information age, we should
all consider ourselves lifelong students.